HealthScope is a forum to diagnose, digest and discuss the issues facing health today.
Follow us on Twitter @apcoworldwide
APCOForum.com is the home blog of APCO Worldwide. Contributors include APCO's consultants around the world.
Visit Shared Purpose, our blog on what's next for business and society.
History & CategoriesClick to unfold.
- From Ninth Graders to Health Care Elites: A Communications Lesson on the Power of Engagement
- What’s Next in Health Care Part II: Price Transparency – is it the Holy Grail?
- Accountable Health Care: The Silent Health Care Reform
- The FDA Likes Facebook? The AMARC Hysteria
- The Need for a Medical Surge
- Health Care: Now What
- The Real Hospital Quality Measures
- Happy Healthy Weight Week?
- Personalized Medicine – from Complexity to Clarity
- APCO Forum: What’s Next in Food
Tag Archives: UN HLM
The international community gathers for the United Nations High-Level Meeting (UN HLM) on Non Communicable Disease (NCDs) this week in New York. Many are optimistic that the UN HLM will intensify focus within the international community on NCDs and solidify the link between NCDs and economic growth. The UN HLM has the potential to be the beginning of a global drive against NCDs. But this global drive must positively engage all sectors of society for it to be successful. On September 14, 2011, The Washington Post and Eli Lilly and Company hosted a one-day event, “Sharing the Responsibility: Noncommunicable Diseases.” The event brought together leaders from the health care industry, government, academia and NGOs to discuss the challenges of managing NCDs in advance of the UN HLM. Panelists discussed best practices, the role of private-public partnerships and looked at next steps in the fight against NCDs.
Posted on Tuesday, September 20th, 2011 By Melissa Musiker