HealthScope is a forum to diagnose, digest and discuss the issues facing health today.
Follow us on Twitter @apcoworldwide
APCOForum.com is the home blog of APCO Worldwide. Contributors include APCO's consultants around the world.
Visit Shared Purpose, our blog on what's next for business and society.
History & CategoriesClick to unfold.
- From Ninth Graders to Health Care Elites: A Communications Lesson on the Power of Engagement
- What’s Next in Health Care Part II: Price Transparency – is it the Holy Grail?
- Accountable Health Care: The Silent Health Care Reform
- The FDA Likes Facebook? The AMARC Hysteria
- The Need for a Medical Surge
- Health Care: Now What
- The Real Hospital Quality Measures
- Happy Healthy Weight Week?
- Personalized Medicine – from Complexity to Clarity
- APCO Forum: What’s Next in Food
Monthly Archives: August 2011
The recent 2-1 ruling of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit Court in Atlanta that the individual mandate in the health reform law was unconstitutional brought us closer to a legal resolution of various challenges. However, what is not yet clear is what that resolution will be. The reason is that this ruling comes on the heels of a June decision, which ruled the mandate as constitutional. That decision was made in a separate case before the Circuit Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit Court in Cincinnati. A third challenge to the law is pending in the 4th Circuit Court. What these contradictory decisions have done is guarantee that the Supreme Court will have to settle the issue.
Posted on Monday, August 15th, 2011 By Bill Pierce